Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Valentine's Crayon Art

So... I was asked to do some crayon art, involving hearts. I have previously done the big crayon art on the canvas and it turned out OK, so I thought I would give this one a shot... Well... it didn't turn out as cute as I had in my head, but the kids loved doing it and they like how it turned out... so that's all that matters. I forgot to mention that this is part of their teacher gifts for V-day. :)
I started with a blank canvas and some chopped up crayons...

Then I hot glued them, and started the blow dryer. I used low heat on hot . It takes a few minutes to get the crayons going, but once you do, it starts melting like this:
And then it turned out like this: (Not SUPER cute, but hey... it's kids art and it's the thought that counts, riiiggghht??) ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment